Jonathan Harris IS Ted



I don't think I've posted anything about Jonathan Harris on websides (nor have I really posted anything in a while). His projects We Feel Fine, Just Curious, and Universe (the only three I've had any experience with) are fantastic inquiries into the human experience, as represented by our etchings on the internet.

The video above his his presentation at the TED conference in march. Its really great hearing him explain things that are so often inexplicable. Until you've played with a Jonathan Harris piece, you'll have trouble understanding it. Harris' work is admittedly voyeuristic, but he likes to call the process a "passive interview," as they don't know they're being watched. Please watch this video of him.


[via Fimoculous]

Digg!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

FINALLY!!!! Now I have the will to move on...

Anonymous said...

that clam shell necklace is AWESOME

Davis said...

Is Blake referring to the TED video or the fact that there is a new websides post?

Unknown said...

wouldn't you like to know Davis... wouldn't you like to know.

Narnia said...

I'm pretty sure its in response to a new websides post, generally. Blake isn't moved by the likes of Jonathan Harris.

Unknown said...

what? by the likes of his flamer shirt or by the likes that when i type in 'Blake Whitman' into that universe app, nothing comes up. nothing is revolving around "me". and I know thats bullshit because I AM THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE!!!